So you’ve booked your shoot, what happens now?
What are we trying to do?
- We need to figure out the mood or style of shoot that we are going to do. Are we doing something high fashion and glamorous or relaxed and casual. Are the photos light and airy or hard and aggressive. For this stage it’s often helpful if you find some photos that have a look you like and convey the feeling you want. I’m not going to recreate another photographers photo with you, but we can use it as a jumping off point to develop a shoot that has a similar style.
What are you going to wear
- We’ve picked a style it time to start thinking about how we’re going to build it.
- What you wear is totally up to you. It’s so important that you feel good in what you have on. Your feelling will come through on camera.
- For most shoots we will have time for 2-3 outfits, but you should probably bring more outfits or variations in case what you had planned either doesn’t feel right or doesn’t work on camera the day of the shoot.
- Don’t forget accessories like hats, jewelry , gloves, or footwear. They can also make a noticable difference to a shoot.
- If you need help deciding what you want to wear on the shoot, I’d be happy to help. You can send me of what your thinking about ( you can have them on, laid out , or photos you find online) and we’ll discuss how it fits with the style and how they will look in the photos.
- Are you going to take care of your own hair and makeup or will we be bringing someone else in. If you think you need help but don’t have someone in mind I can help you find quality professionals in both categories.
Where and When are we going to shoot?
- We know the look and what you want to wear, now let’s pick a place that will let us showcase your look. I have the lights to shoot in any light conditions and all of my equipment is portable so we don’t have to feel constrained. I can come to your place , we can shoot outside or we can rent a home or studio to shoot in.
- I currently only book sessions on nights and weekends. Let me know the days that work for you and we can book for the first available date.
OK Lets shoot
- I want our shoot to be fun and relaxed. Any anxiety you feel will show up in the pictures.
- So bring some music, make a playlist or bring a comedy album. I’ll have a speaker you can use to play whatever will help keep you in the right headspace.
- Meeting strangers from the internet can be scary enough without agreeing to hang out in front of their camera for an hour or two. If you’d like to bring someone along that’s perfectly fine. You’ll want to make sure your guest(s) won’t negatively affect your attention or mood during the shoot. .
- I try to produce natural looking poses. You won’t need to master dramatic and uncomfortable poses to look good in your shoot. I’ll provide example poses for you to try and direct you in adjustments so you look your best in the photos.
When do you get the pictures.
- Almost there. After the shoot I’ll post the pictures for review. I will have gone through them and removed most of the photos that don’t meet my quality standards. However its important to remember that this are not the finished photos. We are just selecting the poses and expressions that we like the best.
- After you’ve made your selections. I’ll edit the photos for you and make them ready to be shared with whoever you think should see them.
- You will receive at least 5 edited images for mini shoots and 10 for full photoshoots. You will also have access to any edited photos that I chose to use from the shoot.
- If you don’t want me to use your photos to promote my photography you can opt for a Privacy package.
That’s it enjoy your images.